The Women's Centre exists to support anybody that has faced gender-based oppression and has experienced, will experience, or is experiencing womanhood.
The UBC Women's Centre organizes on the traditional, unceded, ancestral, and unceded lands of the xʷməθkʷəy̓ əm (Musqueam), Skwxwú7mesh (Squamish), and Tsleil-Waututh Nations. We recognize our complicity in the settler colonial project as a majority non-Indigenous group of students, and strive to organize in a way that honours this and upholds the sovereignty of all Indigenous peoples
The Centre strives to provide a space for community-building, discussion, sharing, and resistance.
- Additionally, we offer:
- - a safe space (for prayer, breast feeding, studying, etc)
- - consciousness raising sessions
- - community events
- - brochures (with information about resources)
- - event posters
- - menstrual products
- - safer sex products
- - pregnancy tests
- - a library of feminist literature
- - microwave, snacks, and a kettle.